Friday, April 22, 2011

Day 39 - Coming Home

My husband and son have been gone five days on a college trip - an interesting and stressful time of life, choosing a school.

While they were away, my teenaged son and I had nice telephone chats.  

He asked, "What do you do while we're gone?" 

"Oh, work a lot.  Do yoga.  Play around with my blog.  I have a few posts I think you'd enjoy."

"Send them to me.  I'll read them as we drive to Boston."

OMG.  He wants to read my blog!!!  We can bond over writing.  Maybe he'll start a blog too.  We can get to know each other better.  I'll have another follower!

The road trip was serious guy time.  When they return the car leaks Red Bull, Amp, and Pringles cans, as well as a variety of disgusting cellophane bags.  Obviously Mrs. Fresh Fruit and Whole Grains did not go on the trip.

Happy to be home and to see me, there are hugs all around.  They've brought presents - Magic Hat pint glasses from Burlington.  (hum, what shall I use those for?)   My son gives me a bag of "Crunchy Cheddar Jalapeno Cheetos" (made with real cheese)

"Try your Cheetos." 

"I don't usually like Cheetos."

"I know, but these have jalapenos.  You like jalapenos."

To show good will, I pop one in my mouth.

Father and son laugh hysterically as I wince and grimace at the "flavor" and try to figure out where I can spit it out or if I should risk swallowing it. 

"Why did you make me put this horrible thing in my mouth?" 

The 17-year old replies, "Well, you made me read your blog."



2 comments: