Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day 4 - Peer Pressure

40 Days of Yoga started in response to the Facebook status question.   

My friends were giving up meat, ice cream and going car-free.  One friend actually gave up Facebook (which mortifies the flesh a bit too much in my opinion). 

It's been years since I've observed the 40 days in a meaningful way.  Many Lents ago I quit smoking (permanently).  One year I gave up alcohol (impermanently). 

I was feeling left out. 

Now I'm calculating how many more days of yoga to go until Easter and for sure not counting Sundays.  And all because I answered a simple question.

"What's on your mind?"

3 comments:

  1. i gave up wine for lent. Here's my score so far:
    Ash wed.: Just a little.
    Thursday: NO WINE!
    Friday: At scary St. C's carnivale, had NO CHOICE. Had to drink!
    Saturday: No wine with dinner! Saved $$. Came home, had wine.
    Sunday: I NEEDED IT, OK? GET OFF MY BACK!
    Monday: so far, so good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That there is a mind---that it belongs to you---and that there is something on it---so many burdens inherent in the Facebook question!

    ReplyDelete