Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 3 - How Long Does It Take To Make A Friend?

Six Months.

Since September, Max I and have been saying how-do-you-do at the yoga studio, where he is manager and occasional teacher.

Max is a tie-dye wearing, earring sporting, sometimes long-haired gentleman.  The kind of guy that surely inspired the very word, "gentleman".  I love these gentlemen. 

Every table was taken at Starbucks, so we walked to my house where I made him bagels with cream cheese, mineola oranges, and camomile tea. 

He noticed our things.   The big black piano.  The funky kitchen.  My reiki binder.  The halloween photo of Melvin dressed like a cat. 

We talked about out families.  We talked about yoga, teaching, Christianity, Reiki, and healing. 

Lift your tea cups everyone.  I'd like to propose a toast.

To Max.  To all of our friendships.

3 comments:

  1. But how did you invite him? I need deets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try this: "Max, would you like to have a cup of tea?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. New word---"mineola". Must look up.

    ReplyDelete